Monitoring & Evaluation Officer- Arusha
TITLE: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer- Temporary
REPORTS TO: Program Manager/Team Leader
DUTY STATION: Arusha
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for providing support and technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCGEC) service providers in integrating family planning services, with a focus on LAPRC and PMs into post-abortion care (PAC) services. H/she will be responsible for providing technical assistance to EngenderHealth’s Operationalizing Family Planning within Post Abortion Care. The Monitoring and Evaluation Associate will also represent EH Tanzania at district and regional FP/PAC meetings and conferences. This position is for an initial period of 8 months, with possibility of extension.
Primarily responsible for assisting Program Manager in managing and supporting project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) functions, including collecting and processing data for project indicators, supporting implementation of the project research agenda, and documenting project activities. This will require working closely with and assisting project staff, health facility staff, and research consultant/agency staff .
• Assist in developing, implementing, and updating Performance Monitoring Plan
• Assist in developing and implementing data collection tools and data management systems
• Assist in the writing of donor and study reports
• Liaise with health facility staff for the collection of routine monitoring data
• Support design and implementation of baseline, midline, and endline evaluations
• Conduct periodic data quality assessments
• S ystematically document and share program activities, challenges and lessons learned
• Liaise with Program Manager and HQ LAD M&E Officer to ensure harmonization/standardization of data collection and program documentation
• Support the development and implementation of knowledge management plan, including supporting the preparation of journal articles, project briefs, presentations, and other knowledge management products
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Certification
• Personal and professional commitment to reproductive health
• Advanced degree in demography, public health, epidemiology, or biostatistics
• Advanced Diploma/Degree in medical background will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of relevant national and international indicators related to family planning and reproductive/maternal health with emphasis on PAC-FP.
• Experience with evaluation design and implementation.
• Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative methodologies in M&E.
• Ability to convey results to non-technical stakeholders, generate interest in the use of M&E results, and help programmatic staff apply them to make program improvements.
• Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary and international team.
• Ability to work independently and deliver on time to meet organizational and donor timelines.
• Strong skills in data analysis and reporting, including statistical analysis software (such as Stata, SPSS).
• Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Fluent in English and Swahili.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• Ability to travel independently to 25% of time.
• Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable
Please visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org to submit your application online by 25th March 2018.
TO APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE
- Teachers are needed at eagles secondary school- Bagamoyo
- Male Circumcision Program Officer – HJFMRI
- Vacancies at The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI),
- Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Support Activity (MSNSA)
- Administrative Assistant at Unicef ,Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Technical Volunteer – Camara Education Tanzania,