Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Jobs at JHPIEGO, February 2019
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for AIDSFree Project.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer [One position based in Tabora]
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for supporting Sr M&E Officer to assure the quality of program data. The data overseen by the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be primarily on VMMC and EIMC programs. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for working withdata managers to ensure high quality data collection and reporting and ensure data management transition to MOHCDGEC over time for long-term sustainability. S/he will collaborate closely with the Sr M&E officer to fulfill donor required reports, conduct in depth analysis for decision making and work to improve the programs data visualization systems.
The person in this position must be able to work independently, be experienced in data management using databases, be able to mentor staff, utilize data visualization techniques, present data to the team and stakeholders, trouble shoot technical issues with electronic data collection and familiar with health facility-based data systems.
- Develop, implement and oversee VMMC/EIMC monitoring and evaluation activities
- Collaborate with the technical team to build capacity of VMMC/EIMC providers in recording and reporting service data.
- Collaborate on the development of supervisory and quality assurance tools for VMMC/EIMC program and the actual implementation of quality assurance and quality improvement
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and region and district authorities( RHMT/CHMT) to facilitate use of the National VMMC/EIMC monitoring system and use of information from the program
- Assist to complete all Jhpiego and donor reports in a timely manner and provide prompt feedback to donor requests for information.
- Build capacity of VMMC/EIMC regional, districts and facility based supervisors and service providers through mentorship and coaching
- Facilitate routine and ad hoc reporting of VMMC/EIMC service progress
- Support implementation of research studies as need arise any other duty as assigned by supervisor/COP
- University degree in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science area;
- At least 3 years work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in HIV/AIDS or other health areas (experience with health facility setting a plus);
- At least 5 years’ experience in data collection, processing, and analysis.
- Experience with databases a plus
- Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research
- Knowledge of different analysis software
- Report writing and publication skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent peoples and partnership skills
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% time
- Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
How to Apply
To apply please indicate the position title on the subject line of your e-mail, i.e. Application for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. All applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter, and your salary history.
Send the application through email: HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Application Deadline: 2019-02-20
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use for this advert. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER JOBS YOU MIGHT LIKE
TEACHING INTERNSHIP (any subject) at St Constantine’s International School February, 2019
PRINCIPAL LEGAL OFFICER GRADE II Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGER Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
MARKETING MANAGER Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR (CIA) Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
PRINCIPAL SUPPLIES/PROCUREMENT OFFICER GRADE II Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
HUB 2 Training Coordinator Jobs at Youth Challenge International February, 2019
NRC Jobs: Site Managemnt Technical Assistant (Tanzania Nationals Only) – Tanzania Norwegian Refugee Council
ICLA Programme Development Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Regional Plant Specialist Jobs at Vodacom
Warehouse Operator Level 1 Jobs at Sandvik February, 2019
Jobs at Coca-Cola Kwanza Limited (CCKL)
Jobs at Public Service Recruitment Secretariat(NEEC & AQRB), February 2019
Front Office Supervisor at Meliá Hotels International
Jobs at Engage Consult Company Limited
Nafasi za kazi Dodoma Christian Medical Center, February, 2019
Nafasi za kazi kwenye NGO Tanzania, February 2019
Jobs at Morogoro International School
Job Vacancy at NMB Tanzania
Nafasi za Ajira Save the Children Tanzania
Jobs at Workforce Management
Job Opportunities at Sokoine University of Agriculture
Jobs at The Judiciary of Tanzania
Sales Executive Jobs at Titan Venture Group Ltd