SHDEPHA+ Mbarali is a non – governmental organization and a branch of national network of SHDEPHA+ Tanzania. The headquarters of the organization are situated in Dar es Salaam. However, SHDEPHA+ Mbarali was established in Mbarali District in 2005 and legally registered under the society ordinance act 1954 and certified with a certificate number SO.NO 8216. Its office is situated at Rujewa Township Authority premises.
SHDEPHA+ MBARALI works in Mbarali district to support implementation of HIV prevention, Community Based HIV/AIDS Services (CBHS), HIV Testing and Counseling Services (HTS) and Gender based Violence and Violence against children (GBV/VAC) in Mbarali District.
Through funding from Southern Highland Walter Reed Program (WRP) the organization seeks to recruit dedicate and qualified candidates for the following position:-
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M&E) 1 post
Station: Mbarali District
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Contract: 1 year contract and will be renewed depending on the employee performance
M&E Officer will be responsible in overseeing day to day implementation of the project including engagement of health facilities workers in community interventions to generate demand for HIV prevention, provide home based care services, Voluntary counseling and testing, Gender based violence and violence against children in ten wards of Mbarali District.
Scope of Role
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall be responsible for the overall collection, summarizing, compiling, dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms data generated from the Project with a key focus on submission of timely, qualitative and quantitative reports to the Program Management Team, donors and relevant stakeholders. Specifically, the M&E Officer will be in charge of managing project data including the Prevention Data, CBHS data, HTS data and Gender-Based Violence or Violence against Children data
Duties and responsibilities:
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance and comparing it to targets.
- Clarify the core information needs of funding agencies and the cooperating institutions (District council).
- Review the quality of data collected in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Guiding staff in preparing their progressive reports, together with analyse these reports in terms of problems and actions needed.
- Conduct monthly data verification, and Prepare reports on monitoring and evaluation findings as required.
- Review the existing approaches and management information system and agree on any required changes and resources.
- Collaborate with other staff on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing of project activities, effects and impacts.
- Participate actively in the implementation of M&E processes by providing technical support and checking quality.
- Participate in developing an M&E Plan, M&E work plan and indicator tracking matrix, in line with the project’s thematic standards and practice.
- Generate program monitoring, reporting and information management plans
- Pioneer the development, review and utilization of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) measures for all field program interventions
- Support fellow team members in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories for learning, reference and dissemination
- Initiate data analysis and action planning meeting with program teams to review data trends and overall project performance
- Work with the field teams to ensure that program indicators are tracked through regular field visits
- Review all reports to ensure that data provided is reliable and accurate and that target indicators are met and explanations provided where indicators are not met;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Statistics or Population Studies or other related field from a recognized academic institution.
- A minimum of 3 years‟ experience in a similar position involving data collection, documentation reporting and data management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with the community and/or local community leaders and workers
- Proficiency in both written and oral English and Swahili languages
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata)
- Experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Team player.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
HOW TO APPLY;
Cover letter and resume should be sent by to, Program Director, P.O Box 179, Rujewa or sent through email email@example.com.
NOTE: To be considered applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. CVs should not include marital status, birthplace, tribal or religious affiliations. Any CV containing this information will not be considered for employment. Applications that are hand–delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is September 28th, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through their email addresses and/or telephone numbers.