Purpose of your role:
Lead the regional Field Sales Force in achieving the sales objectives for the sales area as set in the Customer Marketing Plans and Customer Business Plans. Co-develop Field Sales Force Strategy together with Customer Development Director. Lead and plan sales resources in sales area and lead sales force projects.
• Implement and execute Customer Development strategy and objective in line with company’s objective/vision.
• Responsible for delivering both primary and secondary sales target for the region in line with the National targets.
• Drive Category/ brand wise growth of the region in line with the Ops target
• Prepare and Implement JBP (Joint Business Plan) with the Distributors and to review those against set targets.
• Develop coverage plan for the sales region to achieve the coverage targets (i.e. Distribution man power, logistic, outlet number, channel exclusivity etc).
• Preparing Regional distribution strategy in line with Nation/by category and by brand strategy.
• Execution, upkeep & maintenance of the Regional merchandising budget and implement to the POP (Point of purchase) level as per the plan in line with National.
• Develop and implement operational sales plan for the region to meet sales target (both in value and volume terms), distribution targets.
• Input into channel architecture development and abreast of developments in trade structure.
• Execute and monitor shopper activation in the region
• Recommend region/channel specific activities and input to CAP particularly in the context of the competitive scenario. It also includes effective and efficient execution of channel specific programs (retailers’ scheme, shopper loyalty programs and other trade promotion and visibility drive).
• Manage and evaluate distributor operations in the region to ensure consistent achievement of sales targets, Regularity of stock lifting, Cost efficient route coverage, Adequate ROI etc.
• Ensure distributor and sales forces in own area adhere to guidelines for stock rotation, handling damage/Trade returns, thereby minimizing the returns.
• Managing new launch/re-launch and ensuring the availability and visibility to the trade level in least possible time frame.
• Develop people skills/capability in the region, own and distributors’ people through – class room training, on the job assignments, mentoring etc.
• New channel development in the region.
• Maintain relationship with key external stakeholders
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
• Degree in a Business-related area.
• 6 – 8 years relevant field sales force experience in senior role
• Two years Brand Building experience is an advantage
• Two years of Trade Category Management /Customer Marketing is an advantage
• Leadership skills with experience in building talent and teams with a growth mindset
• Consumer and customer focus with excellent negotiation and influencing skills
• Bias for Action with a sense of accountability, responsibility and problem-solving skills
• Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
• Organizational awareness
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet! If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers! firstname.lastname@example.org