nafasi za kazi nmb 2019, nafasi za kazi nmb july 2019, nafasi za kazi bank 2019, nmb bank vacancies 2019
Provide leadership and direction to Centralized Operations teams and be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Bank’s operations ensuring that it continually acquires and maintains a profitable business with minimum risk.
• Oversee, coordinate, direct, and give guidance to the department and bank on all operational activities.
• Lead the Centralized Operations teams by building, empowering them, and provide them with operational skills required to sustain the current and future NMB Bank growth.
• Coordinate operational business activities of the Bank’s Departments with a view to improving efficiency and control standards across the network.
• Oversee operational business activities of all the units under Centralized Operations i.e. Clearing, Trade Operations, Treasury back office, Central Processing, Remittance, Operations Support and Branch Operations.
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of the Bank’s periodic reviews of the Business Plan.
• Monitor network operational standards through System Reports, Internal and External Audit Reports and follow up rectification process of all High/Medium Risk Issues in liaison with Chief of Shared Services.
• Give direction and solid input to the development and implementation of the key Snap checks focusing on Sensitive Performance Operational Areas for all branch network and play a major role in identifying Key Operational Control weaknesses of the Banking Core system and give directions on the best way forward to achieving required controls
• Participate effectively in the Bank Projects geared to introducing new products and Services and/or improving existing products and services by giving appropriate operational guidance on required checks, controls, processes and procedures.
• Coordinate the production of the annual budget within the various Centralized Operations; review and implement a system for control in adherence to the set budget, and report quarterly performance outcome of the departmental budget to Chief of Shared Services.
• Oversee and participate in the review, refinement and implementation of branch Returns for monitoring operations of branches and update the Chief of Shared Services as appropriate
• Recommend suitable training to develop skills within Centralized Operations that sustain the bank
• Oversee the development and documentation of quality bank’s Operations Manuals in line with Business Focus
• Prepare and oversee the review, design and implementation of the Centralized Operations Annual Strategic objectives and report regularly or as appropriate to Chief of Shared Services.
• Develop and put in place appropriate Management Information System to support the operational activities of the Bank
• Oversee clearing activities of the bank and be a key player in coordinating and managing all NMB operational activities related to BOT and other external/regulatory bodies.
• Represent the bank on operational issues in internal/ external forums and be a role model in representing the bank’s good image.
Leadership and People Management:
• Work closely with the Chief, Shared Services and all Head Office departmental Heads, Zone Managers and Branch Managers in streamlining the Operational functions of the bank and recommending beneficial operational changes from time to time.
• Work closely with other Head Office heads in identifying areas of improvement in the current products, processes and services and recommending appropriate solutions to minimize risks
• Manage information flow in both directions (upwards and downwards).
• Build, develop and lead “Winning Teams” through good guidance, training and empowerment
• Be a role model in all aspects of management to the direct reports and other team members within the network.
• Create an empowering environment for the various teams in Operations Department encouraging ownership, initiative and accountability.
• Implement the bank’s performance management directives
Knowledge and Skills
• Good Background of Banking Operations in all Products and Services gained from a reputable bank or banks
• Good understanding of NMB Operations
• Good Product Knowledge
• Leadership Skills
• People Management Skills
• Communication and Presentation Skills
• Team-work, building and developing high performance teams
• Planning for the Units
• Managing and developing direct reports and all team members
• Visionary thinker
• Understanding of evolution in technologies used by Operations
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Business, Finance or its equivalent
• MBA is an added advantage
• Advanced computer skills- is a requirement
• At least 10 years of proven work experience in banking of which five years spent in Operations and five years in Senior Managerial positions in a large, reputable bank or Financial Institution.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.