As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The GIZ global project Agropolicy Advisory Fund (ABF) “Improvement of regional trade with seed potatoes in Eastern Africa” is looking to fill the position of a National Coordinator.
Duty station: Arusha Fixed term contract
- Supporting the regional programme coordinator (DV) to build strategic partnerships across the East African Community (EAC) (government, private sector, etc.) for the implementation of coordinated cross- border seed potato trade, especially in Tanzania and Burundi;
- Support the DV in all tasks with regard to project coordination on EAC-level and to EAC-wide implementation
- Contribute in developing and implementing coherent workplans and their corresponding activities at regional level;
- Contribute in developing and implementing coherent workplans and their corresponding activities at country level in Tanzania and Burundi;
- Monitoring activities which are carried out in accordance with the concept and operational plan;
- Meet task standards by maintaining productivity, quality, and steering work processes at country level in Tanzania and Burundi;
- Organizing and supervising external support (consultants, training, workshops etc.)
- Coordinating and providing capacity building activities for the country phytosanitary and plant protection institutions;
- Coordinating the improvement of sanitary and phytosanitary norms and standards by inspection and certification institutions;
- Conducting support duties regarding financial management and national staff management;
- Regular progress reporting to the DV and the steering unit of the global project at the headquarters, according to GIZ standards;
- Contributing to inter-country knowledge management, process standardization and experience sharing and learning.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant Agricultural field e.g. Rural development, Agricultural economics, Crop production or any other related field;
- In-depth understanding of the potato sector in Tanzania and Burundi;
- Demonstrated command of implementing county based agricultural programmes;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a coordination position in rural agricultural development programme or related sectors either with a government, international or private/non-governmental development organization;
- Experience in project management and coordination at regional level;
- Knowledge of trade facilitation approaches, trade standards, norms and certification rules in Tanzania and Burundi are an asset;
- Proven experience in working with multiple stakeholders of the public sector, the private sector including rural producers, as well as local communities and civil society.
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “National Coordinator”.
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted. Closing date for submission: 24.04.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and
eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.