Job Title National Post: Programme Analyst, Family Planning (FP), Dodoma, United Republic of Tanzania, NO-B
Job ID 21790
Duty Station: Dodoma, Tanzania
Closing Date: 22 March 2019 (5 pm, Dodoma time)
Duration: One Year (*)
Post Type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• In collaboration with Government counterparts, Regional office, UN partners, NGOs contributes substantively to the formulation and design of the UNFPA component within the United Nations Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP) programme in line with Government priorities and according to UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
• Ensures quality of programme/project design incorporating lessons learned, newly developed policies and best practices and establishing appropriate execution and monitoring mechanisms and systems.
• Analyzes and reports on programme and project progress in terms of achieving results, using existing monitoring and evaluation tools and introducing new mechanisms and systems; identifies constraints and resource deficiencies and recommends corrective action. Monitors projects expenditures and disbursements to ensure delivery is in line with approved project budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels.
• Expedites and coordinates project implementation establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies facilitating timely and efficient delivery of project inputs and addressing training needs of project personnel
• Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to population and development, reproductive health and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention including policy agenda. Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination and development frameworks.
• Assists advocacy of policy agenda and resource mobilization efforts of the Country Office by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, policy briefs, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
• Provides technical assistance and advice on the strategic direction for strengthening the delivery, access to and quality of family planning services to government counterparts at central and district levels.
• Gives technical guidance in the development and implementation of FP and RH Commodity Security protocols, policies, training modules, operational manuals and approaches for locally appropriate family planning service delivery and for supportive supervision of service providers based on best practice.
• Provide technical specifications and assist in the preparation of a procurement plan for Family Planning commodities in the context of the RMNH Programme and work closely with logisticians to ensure Reproductive health commodity security at all levels including managing the shipment tracker software for managing commodities
• Assess and advise, in close collaboration with the Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS) Steering Committee, on the supply chain management to ensure regular and uninterrupted supply of contraceptive commodities
• Helps create and document knowledge about current and emerging population development trends, RH and gender issues by analyzing programmes, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies.
• Prepares and communicates relevant information for evidence-based advocacy. Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society to support advocacy efforts and takes opportunities for advocating for UNFPA’s mandate.
• Provide assistance to implementation of community mobilization activities;
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Public health, Medicine and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least three years professional experience preferably in programme/project management in Sexual and Reproductive health including Family Planning policy advocacy related agenda in Tanzania.
• Knowledge of the SRHR country context and good understanding of the government systems.
• Familiarity with UN policies will be an added advantage.
Fluency in oral and written English
■ Commitment to UNFPA Values and Guiding Principles;
■ Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management;
■ Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
■ Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making;
■ Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
■ Ability to lead, develop and motivate a diverse team of specialists
■ Advocacy/advancing a policy-oriented agenda
■ Results-based programme development and management
■ Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships
■ Innovation and marketing of new approaches
■ Resource mobilization (Programme)
■ Job knowledge
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE