: 20/Sep/2019, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRURT
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dodoma
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
| Organizational Setting
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), leads international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve food and nutrition security for all.
At present, FAO is supporting a number of interventions related to Agriculture (Crop, Livestock, Fisheries and Forestry) development. To ensure proper development of the Tanzanian fisheries sector, the Government of Tanzania endeavours to review its current Fisheries Master Plan, which was developed in 2002. FAO has been requested to provide Technical Assistance for the development of a comprehensive Master plan, The Tanzania Fisheries Master Plan II, which will focus, as per the Government of Tanzania’s request, on the fisheries of Tanzania mainland (both inland and marine fisheries). Accordingly, FAO is recruiting a National consultant to support this process.
The National Specialist on Fisheries reports to the FAO Representative under direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), and technical direction from the lead technical officer (LTO), the National Consultant will be required to undertake the following duties:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
|Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org