The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian are invited to apply.
NATURAL GAS DIVISION
Post Title : Natural Gas Transmission Manager (1 post) – Re-advertised
Duty Station : Dodoma
Reports to : Director of Natural Gas
Gas Transmission Manager will be responsible for ensuring the activities of Gas Transmission function of the Authority are carried out according to the prescribed rules and regulation and ensure technical, economic and environmental aspects of gas sub-sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure effective and efficient application of provisions of the Petroleum Act, 2015 by ensuring transmission aspects of the natural gas sub-sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and best industry practices;
- To provide technical inputs on health, environmental and safety requirement on regulating and controlling the distribution and sale of natural gas;
- To provide technical inputs to relevant institutions for development, adoption or monitoring of technical standards and/or specifications for natural gas;
- To review and recommend issuance, renewal and revocation of licenses for natural gas transmission in accordance with the Petroleum Act, standards and best industrial practice;
- To review and provide technical input on viability of new natural gas development projects in accordance with the Act;
- To monitor availability, quantity and standards of services provided by natural gas exploiter, distributors and sellers and perform verification tests to determine natural gas quality;
- To develop and review natural gas regulatory tools prescribing for natural gas licensing procedures, licence templates, construction approvals, terms and conditions of licences, tariffs and prices of gas, fees and charges and transmission of natural gas to consumers;
- To supervise and ensure that regular inspections, audits and investigations pertaining to the natural gas sector are carried out in line with published regulations, code of conduct and rules;
- To prepare periodic performance reports with respect to transmission aspects of natural gas sub-sector;
- To administer all resources allocated to the section, including offering technical and operational support to staff members in the section efficiently and effectively; and
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geosciences, Geology, Chemical and Processing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil and Gas Science, Energy Economics or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Masters in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Engineers must be registered with ERB as Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge in regulatory affairs and experience in Natural Gas sub sector will be an added an advantage.
- Must have work experience of at least eight (8) years in related field and should be at the rank of at least senior officer.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 17th September 2021.
All applicants who applied earlier for the posts of Central Zone Manager and Natural Gas Transmission Manager; and still qualify for the posts are encouraged to reapply.
Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
Email: [email protected]
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through email: [email protected] or postal address mentioned above shall not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 September 2021.