Senior Manager; Security Operations at NMB. Deadline: August 14.
To plan, organize, and effectively lead Cybersecurity Operations to detect and respond to any internal and external cybersecurity threats.
- Review and implement security monitoring and incidents response strategy and roadmap for the bank.
- Drive cybersecurity monitoring and incident response initiatives within the bank to improve security monitoring capabilities.
- Establish real-time proactive monitoring and detection of security incidents and provide relevant notifications.
- Implement automated response to cybersecurity incidents by integrating and building various security tools.
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches including fraud cases in collaboration with the bank’s fraud management unit.
- Develop and provide actionable dashboards that show clear visibility of security attacks to the bank.
- Provide “ownership” of security incidents and problems to the final resolution for all the servers, workstations, Virtual environments, Databases, Middleware, and Applications.
- Implement security governance by defining, developing, implementing, and maintaining required security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Conduct research, evaluate, and make recommendations on security monitoring and incident response tools, services, protocols, standards, and associated best practices.
- Provide both management and technical security monitoring statistics and reports to aid in management decisions.
- Prepare and maintain security monitoring documentations including architectures, designs and governance documents.
- Communicate critical cybersecurity incidents to technology and business leaders.
- Oversee internal and external security assessment activities including vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Championing cybersecurity awareness program to educate staff on cybersecurity threats and prevention measures.
- Responsible for team & vendor management for the Security Operations Center
- Excellent knowledge of security monitoring technology landscape.
- In-depth knowledge of security of various operating system flavors such as Windows, Linux, and Unix.
- Knowledge of security of applications, databases, and middleware technologies.
- Knowledge of common information Security Management Frameworks/Standards such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST CSF, and PCI.
- In-depth knowledge of security incidents response process.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Demonstrable honesty, integrity, and credibility; ability to engender the trust and confidence of internal constituency and external partners.
- Ability to communicate complex security concepts in an easy to understand business language.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related academic field.
- Preferred professional certifications such as CEH, CISM, CISA, CISSP or any other relevant security certifications.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Cybersecurity.
- Solid hands-on experience in enterprise security tools including security monitoring technologies such as SIEM and SOAR tools.
- Experience in detecting and triaging security events
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.