Individual Consultant -Digital Communications and Data Officer: Deadline August 07.
UNICEF is seeking a consultant to develop innovative solutions based on existing SMS powered solutions (U-report) and online platforms (Internet of good things) to address knowledge gaps on Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) priorities and rights as part of the GRREAT programme.
For every child, [Care]
How can you make a difference?
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Support GRREAT project participants to develop, test and analyze ASRH prototypes using RapidPro and the Internet of Good Things
1.1. Support GRREAT Implementing partner in training Adolescent girls on U-Report and Internet of Good Things
1.2. Provide technical support to GRREAT program participants to develop and test solutions using RapidPro and Internet of Good Things;
2. Provide technical support in programing ongoing initiatives using RapidPro (GRREAT, U-Report, and other relevant initiatives)
2.1. Manage UNICEF Tanzania RapidPro instance, including:
2.1.1. Regular maintenance of flows, groups and contacts;
2.1.2. Spot-checks to unstructured messages received;
2.1.3. Ensure functionality of CasePro;
2.1.4. Other as required
2.2. Develop and pre-test SMS and WhatsApp content on RapidPro for U-Report, GRREAT programme and other relevant initiatives
3. Provide support to data analysis activities and build data visualization products related to GRREAT, RapidPro, U-Report, or other relevant initiatives;
3.1. Consult with relevant stakeholders for inputs on data analysis requirements;
3.2. Develop and maintain data dashboards as per implemented activities;
3.3. Create static documentation such as presentations or infographics from existing data and dashboards
4. Create and maintain a repository of all relevant documentation on processes, development and products resulting from the implementation of Terms of Reference activities;
4.1. Maintain all relevant programme documentation updated and available at a designated shared online repository
4.2. Create aggregated results document for information dissemination (Yearbook)
5. Develop a digital monitoring tool for the GRREAT Programme
5.1. Facilitate stakeholder mapping of GRREAT project indicators and systems requirements;
5.2. Build required data collection tools and data flows;
5.3. Design monitoring data dashboards as per agreed requirements;
5.4. Deliver capacity building sessions / training on navigation, use and interpretation of monitoring data dashboards
5.5. Create User manual for dashboard navigation and interpretation
|Deliverables (Duration)||Detailed breakdown of deliverable and time||Date||Percentage|
|Payment 1 (90 days)||– U-Report dashboard screenshots;
– GRREAT monitoring requirement mapping documentation is complete and uploaded to SharePoint;
– Quarterly progress report, highlighting achievements, bottlenecks and recommendations (Max 8 pages, excluding annexes);
|30th November 2020||25%|
|Payment 2 (90 days)||-U-Report dashboard screenshots;
– Quarterly progress report;
– GRREAT monitoring dashboard is published for usage / screenshots;
– User manual is finalized and uploaded to SharePoint/ Teams;
– Users are on boarded to dashboard / training evidence;
|28th February 2021||25%|
|Payment 3 (90 days)||– U-Report dashboard screenshots; – Quarterly progress report, highlighting achievements, bottlenecks and recommendations (Max 8 pages, excluding annexes);||31st May 2021||25%|
|Payment 4 (90 days)||– Annual U-Report results / Yearbook finalized and uploaded to SharePoint/Teams;
– End of consultancy report highlighting achievements, bottlenecks and recommendations (Max 16 pages, excluding annexes);
|15th August 2021||25%|
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of [two years] of relevant professional experience in software development and working knowledge of RapidPro.
- Experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language, especially Python
- Experience with mobile technologies and database management systems.
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of local language is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Opening Date Fri Jul 31 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Fri Aug 07 2020 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)
APPLY TO THIS POSITION NOW