Receptionist at the Embassy of Sweden in Tanzania. Deadline August 5.
Duties and responsibilities:
The receptionist is the first point of contact for the Embassy, therefore, the successful candidate must have excellent communication skills in English and Swahili, a high level of professional integrity and be service minded. Specifically, the receptionist will:
- Be responsible for keeping the reception area clean, tidy and organised.
- Attend to visitors, in person or on the telephone.
- Deal with general inquiries on the phone, email or face to face.
- Oversee mail deliveries, packages, and couriers including the Diplomatic pouch.
- Draft written replies in English to public inquiries.
- Proof-read documents in English.
- Keep the internal telephone lists updated.
- Assist with booking of Hotels and local transport for official visitor/planning days.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Head of Chancery or the Third Secretary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Telephone Skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Ability to demonstrate high level of professional integrity.
- Service -mindedness.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, team working skills and flexibility
- Merits include proficiency in Swedish as well as work experience from diplomatic missions and or international organisation and form of higher education.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, e-mail us your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “Receptionist” in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is 5th August 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates.
Executive Search and Selection Division
Prospect Africa Limited