Vacancy title: Non-Executive Director
Deadline of this Job: 14 February 2020
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
DCB Commercial Bank Plc is one of the leading commercial banks in Tanzania. Established in 2002 The Board of Directors of DCB Commercial Bank Plc would like to invite applications from suitable candidates for the position of Independent Non-Executive Director and Non-Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
The member of the Board will perform and discharge the following primary duties and responsibilities,
- To determine the bank’s vision, mission and values, continuously monitor and evaluate its strategy and ensure the bank survives and thrives
- To govern the bank by broad policies and objectives as formulated and agreed with the Members of the Board,
- To assess the performance and effectiveness of the Board as a whole and that of individual Director and Board Chairman
- To make annual reports on the business in general and future plans of the company ready for presentation to the Shareholders General Meetings.
- To select and appoint the Managing Director of the bank, review and evaluate his/her performance regularly and offer administrative Guidance.
- To select and appoint Chief Internal
- Audit of the bank and Chief Managers/ Directors of different departments of the bank, who shall report to the Board of Director, and review their performance regularly
- To oversee the Risk Management within the bank and effective management of investor relations
- To regularly attend the Board and other important meetings, corporate events and participate effectively and with commitment in Board assignment
- To keep well-informed about bank matters, be well prepared for meetings and actively participate in the annual evaluation and planning activities
- To build a collegial working relationship with other members of the Board
- Any other duties stipulated under the law.
- Experience in legal, accounts, audit, finance and insurance
- Experience in Management for more than 10 years experience in banking and credit will be an added advantage.
- Highly networked and Strategic outlook with high interpersonal skills.
- Highly integral and must have no criminal records.
- No involvement as a member of the Management or Board of Directors with a banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation
- Clean credit record including that of related parties
- No history of bankruptcy
- Multi-skilled candidate and experienced practitioner in banking will have an added advantage
Qualified and experience candidates are requested to apply with the following;
- An application letter detailing your suitability for the position
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards
- Certified copies of your current Passport (last two pages)
- Three recent passport size photographs
- Letters from 3 referees
- Declaration of indebtedness to banks
Please note Only successful candidates will be contacted Upcountry candidates will be required to meet their own travel and accommodation costs for any interview
Interested candidates are invited to send their application in hard and soft copies to
Company Secretary DCB Commercial Bank Plc,
Po Box 19798
Dar es Salaam.
Deadline for submission is 14th February 2020 before 4:00pm