Position: Nurse/Assistant Nursing Officers (5 posts)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Work station: Dar es Salaam
Apply by: February 26, 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for Nurse/Assistant Nursing Officers to fill vacant positions in the Calcium project. The nurses will work at antenatal care clinics and collect data on mothers and infants enrolled in the study. Candidates will play an essential role in data collection for the trial and ensure optimal care is provided for the participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in clinical research study as per research protocol, GCP. SOPs, GCLP etc.
- Ensure protection, rights, safety, and well – being of the study participant.
- Responsible for participant’s recruitment.
- Conduct anthropometric measurements,
- Take blood and other specimens, and serve as a liaison with the laboratory.
- Provide counseling on psychosocial and nutritional issues.
- Ensure the participants privacy and confidentiality are maintained
- Ensure all study related forms are properly and accurately filled and data is entered daily according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and active participation in all meetings.
- Maintain appropriate working relationships between the hospital staff and IHI at large.
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned by supervisor/coordinator.
Qualification and Experience
Certificate in Nursing/ or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution, registered with the Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery council (TNMC).
Prior experience working in clinical research and in an antenatal clinic is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to use laptop for data entry.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
- Good/Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application subject line should read: APPLICATION FOR THE NURSING POST – CALCIUM
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, 26th February 2021