Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Reports to: Senior Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam (Madale)
Contract Duration: 3 months contract (July – October 2020)
The Nursery Pre/school teacher will be responsible to impart knowledge to the children by teaching them simple artwork such as drawing and painting, organize and participate in children recreational activities as well as providing instruction on health and personal habits in order to make sure that they fully develop mentally, socially and physically.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create developmentally appropriate lesson plans
- Help children with homework and school work
- Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as taking attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls
- Organize and participate in recreational activities and outings, such as games and field trips
- Maintain a safe play environment: Arrange childcare or educational settings to ensure physical safety of children
- Communicate with children’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits:
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Certificate in early childhood education from a recognized training institution
- Not less than eight months in teaching nursery school
- Proficiency in official reports and communication skills
- Collaboration and team building skills, problem solving skill
- Creative and Innovative
- Strategic in decision making
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• All applications should be sent with an enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to:
Email: [email protected] or through a postal office or hand delivery to our office. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this post.
• Deadline for application is not later than 30th June 2020.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.