About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About The Role
You will work with country programs to improve the health and development of millions of women and children. Drawing from your experience in nutrition-sensitive agriculture and social and behavior change (SBC), you will plan strategies, manage projects, and foster relationships with teams across One Acre Fund and in other organizations.
As the head of the nutrition program, you will report directly to the Impact Division Director and work closely with senior members of the Innovations and Business Development teams.
- Strategy and Program Design
- Create and guide nutrition strategies, working across cultures and countries to design programs tailored to each country program’s nutrition needs and opportunities
- Set vision and build consensus around nutrition goals across country teams, donors, and partners
- Conduct formative research (qualitative and quantitative) and use it to develop SBC interventions and communication campaigns for rural audiences, including a gender-transformative approach and a monitoring and evaluation plan
- Ensure compliance with all international and national regulations for nutrition research and programs
- Write and manage project budgets
- Project Management
- Oversee project implementation, responding to monitoring data to make changes
- Synthesize and present project findings to donors and other team members using top-down communication
- Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain partnerships with other implementing organizations
- Support other teams in maintaining donor and government relations
- Strategy and Program Design
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- 5+ years of experience in nutrition-sensitive agriculture
- Master’s degree in nutrition, public health or similar
- Experience designing and implementing nutrition-sensitive agriculture, SBC, and ideally gender projects
- English language required. Other useful languages are Swahili and French
- Travel: 30-50% of working time.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Nairobi, Kigali, Kabwe, Jinja, or Dar es Salaam
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes; East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.