Background: about Doctors with Africa CUAMM Registered Trustees
Doctors with Africa CUAMM Registered Trustees is a health organisation that implement health projects to help availability of quality healthcare especially to the most vulnerable. CUAMM Registered Trustees focuses on designing health system strengthening projects, with particular attention to the needs of women and children, and tailored to the specific needs of the countries where the organization carries out projects. Through its evidence-based approach, CUAMM works to remove the barriers preventing communities from accessing health services, and to improve the quality of the same services, to achieve accessible, quality and equitable healthcare for everyone.
CUAMM is currently carrying on a HIV Test & Treat Project in the Regions of Shinyanga and Simiyu, with the aim of implementing testing and counselling services in the two regions and supporting six Care and Treatment Clinics (CTC).
CUAMM is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Treatment Coordinator/Project Manager
The selected person will be responsible for the implementation of the nutrition project activities at health facility level and particularly dedicated to severe acute malnourished children – as per work plan of the Test and Treat Project in Shinyanga and Simiyu Regions.
He/she will coordinate with the Treatment Coordinator and Project Manager to maintain good relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders at local and District level and, particularly, with health institutions.
- Conduct daily health facility technical support and on-job mentorship following needs and gaps identified.
- Conduct weekly health facility supervisions of health staff activities utilizing the given tools and following the IMAM guidelines.
- Conduct data collection in Bugisi health Centre and monitor the data collection process in collaboration with the Facility In charge.
- Prepare and conduct with the Facility In charge internal staff meeting with all the in charge of the departments like CTC, IPD, OPD, RCH, Pharmacy, laboratory and the medical authorities to mentor them on the IMAM, share the progress and plan together the next step forward.
- Support the Facility In charge in realization of the ECD corners and ECD related activities at facility level
- Collaborate to the training of the CHWs to improve their knowledge and skills on nutrition and Early Child Development
- Contribute to ensure and supervise the effective referral systems along the continuum of care for the project beneficiaries in collaboration with the field officer, DNuOs and the health staff
- Supervise the correct use of therapeutic foods in health facility and coordinate the order from the pharmacy to the ITC
- Prepare reports and analyses
- Remains up-to-date with latest methodologies, best practices and donor requirements in nutrition and other related health programs.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Project Manager.
Required qualifications and experience
- Human Nutrition.
- Previous worked in ITC setting at facility level with practical experience on IMAM is an added advantage
- Experience in CTC setting
- Previous experience with international NGOs is preferred
Languages: Excellent Swahili and English, both written and spoken, is required.
Duty Station: Bugisi Health Centre (Shinyanga DC)
Contract duration: Specific task
Deadline for application: Deadline for submission of applications is 23rd Dec 2020
Mode of Applications
All applications should be enclosed with verified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than deadline date of this vacancy to the email address below indicating clearly in the mail subject “VACANCY APPLICATION – NUTRITIONIST”
Test & Treat Project Administrator
Doctors with Africa (CUAMM Trustees)
Shinyanga office, Tanzania,
e-mail: [email protected]
Applicants also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified, an interview will be held at CUAMM Trustees Office in Shinyanga, no costs will be refunded to applicants.
In case you do not hear from us in three weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.