- Oversee medical activities in the clinical areas- antenatal, postnatal ward, labour ward, theatres, new born nursery, fistula ward, early pregnancy ward, outpatient clinic, theatres and laboratory as appropriate.
- Lead the team of local doctors to ensure excellent clinical care is maintained and developed
- To provide an opinion and assist in management of any outpatients or inpatients referred for review by the midwifery team
- Ensure that teaching ward rounds occur each morning and appropriate plan of care is decided and implemented-according to current clinical guidelines
- Attend all obstetric emergencies when on duty/on call and plan ongoing management of care
- Perform assisted deliveries, caesarean section and other procedures in theatre and otherwise assist the midwifery team in prevention and management of complications of pregnancy and labour.
- Attend and review all patients with early pregnancy complications and be responsible for planning and implementing medical/surgical management.
- To assist during fistula camps- with screening of patients, intraoperative and post-operative care.
- To be present on-site during working hours within the clinical area
- Perform on-call duties including weekends and nights as per Kivulini Maternity Centre roster.
- Mentor and support all members of the multi-disciplinary team in a manner in which shared goals, shared knowledge and mutual respect are emphasised.
- Be an active part of the training schedule for clinical staff and ensure training sessions are an integral part of staff development
- Ensure all medical documentation is filled correctly and on time.
- Lead clinical governance initiatives including timely reporting and reviewing of clinical incidents
- Ensure that data collection is timely, accurate and complete as required for service delivery and for any ongoing, MA approved research projects
- Ensure that reporting to M.O.H of any reproductive data and reports as required is timely, accurate and complete
- Be responsible for the rostering of medical, laboratory and nurse anaesthetist staff
- Perform any other duties related to the role as required by Maternity Africa
Qualifications and specifications
- Degree in Medicine with a Masters in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from an accredited institution
- Current Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council (TMC)
- At least Three years of professional experience as a Medical Doctor.
- Have Positive Attitude, Safe Practitioner and Effective Communicator.
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, Copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position to the email address below so as to be received by 30th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY:
Position: Country Director
Reference Number: MA/HR/KAS/02/19
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 16464
Email: [email protected]