The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. Mabibo Traditional Medicine Centre is one of the NIMR Centres located in Dar es Salaam, at Mabibo External near TMDA premises. The Centre has established a modern herbal product manufacturing facility to manufacture various herbal products. The Centre is looking for qualified, experienced, and well-motivated personnel to fill the following vacant position whose duty station will be in Dar es Salaam.
JOB POSITION: THE OFFICE ASSISTANT (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Holder of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with passes in English and Kiswahili with working experience of at least four (4) years in related fields.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To clean offices, equipment, and compound of the Institute’s offices;
- To prepare office tea/refreshments for staff and official visitors;
- To open doors and windows in the morning, check and switch off electrical equipment, close windows and lock office doors at the end of office hours;
- To make photocopy on official documents; and
- To perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- TERMS: One (1) year contract which may be renewed based on performance and mutual agreement.
- All applicants should possess skills of:
- Team player with high integrity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a multi-tasking setting. (iv) Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania’s Salary Scale.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance (see the date above) of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
MABIBO TRADITIONAL MEDICINE CENTRE,
P.O. BOX 9653,
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.
The deadline for submitting the application is 3 May 2022.