Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Tanzania Milk Processing Project (TMPP) is an 18 months ambitious project built on the success of EADD II that aims to increase the incomes of smallholder dairy farmers in Tanzania through improved milk productivity and quality, better access to reliable, high-value markets and ensuring processors have access to increased supply of high-quality milk. The primary outcome of TMPP is to facilitate 10,000 smallholder dairy farmers increase their incomes as a result of improved productivity and good quality of milk; and better farmer’ access to reliable and high-value milk markets in the selected milk sheds in Tanzania.
The TMPP Assistant will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team within the TMPP project. Under the Supervision and guidance of the TMPP Finance and Administrative Assistant, He/ She will be involved in the daily operations and provide direct assistance to the Project in all aspects related to Administration. This includes co-ordination of events, receiving visitors, Office Management, Logistical and procurement supports to accomplish program goals and objective as well as performing basic finance administrative tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Proactive, good communicator, timely and highly flexible, collaborative, attentive to details, good team player and courteous.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Support on general office management and maintenance (45%)
- Act as the initial point of contact for the Tanzania Milk Processing Project (TMPP) office.
- Providing administrative support to the TMPP management team.
- Attend to all internal and external inquires correspondence as appropriate.
- Ensure project offices facilities are kept clean.
- Ensure all fixtures and office equipment are repair and maintain.
- Ensure fire-fighting equipment are in place and serviced on time.
- In collaboration with the TMPP Finance and Administration Officer to ensure that the project office is maintained in a safe working environment.
Support on Procurement and logistics (25%)
- Maintain an updated pre-qualified supplier register for the project in which is reviewed on an annual basis.
- Ensure proper procurement procedures and documentations are maintained.
- Coordinate and assist in the logistical preparations for all guests, workshops, and meetings.
- Ensure adequate supply of office utilities and stationeries, with re-stocking done on a quarterly basis.
Provide Support on Financial management (25%)
- Review all invoices /requests and forward them to the Finance and Administration Officer for processing.
- Manage the TMPP Country Office petty cash and ensuring proper utilization as per the policies and procedures including performing a daily reconciliation.
- Guide other staff for proper retirement of their field works imprest.
- Providing support and working with the Finance team to ensure utility bills and other services are paid timely – Hotels/hostels, garages, security, electricity, water and diesel to avoid discontinuations of services.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (05%)
Bachelor’s degree in Administration or procurement and logistics or Business administration or accounting plus three (3) years of related experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of basic Accounting and Statement of Financial Accounting Standards rules.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Understanding of storekeeping and logistical planning.
- Knowledge of systems and methods to protect the organization’s valuable information and assets.
- Knowledge of all standard office equipment including copiers, scanners, fax machines, and printers.
- Exemplary customer care and administrative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong English language skills – oral and written.
- Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to produce accurate documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- May require occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor to waist.
- Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Constant telephone, face-to-face and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with minimal supervision.