Requisition ID: req10135
Job Title: Office Attendant
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Office Attendant will Support administration activities including to organize files, create correspondence, support in preparation of various reports, documentation and offer general staff and incentives support.
- Ensure that all correspondences, letters are immediately and accurately filled in relevant files.
- Assist in maintaining, updating and archiving employee personnel files.
- To assist in making follow up of staff issues in Nduta and Mtendeli compound.
- Assist in monitoring the proper use of office equipment (photocopier) and report any breakdown to the Admin Assistant immediately.
- To assist in making follow up of incentive issues, recruitment and monthly payments in both Nduta and Mtendeli camps
- Oversee mail pouch transmissions and documentation; ensure proper flow between Kibondo and other field offices.
- Assist in supervising incentive admin both Nduta and Mtendeli.
- Post and receive of all outgoing and incoming letters to and from Post Office; make sure that all outgoing mail is recorded in the dispatch book and obtain signatures from the recipients.
- Assist the Admin Assistant in the flow of files and documentation from internal departments; make sure all documentation is arranged and filed properly.
- Monitor stationery levels regularly and notify the Admin Assistant of any ordering needs; assist in following up on stationery orders and delivery.
- Receive all visitors and direct them to the respective staff.
- Responsible for printing, photocopying and scanning of documents as directed.
- Ensure various administrative forms are available at the administration pigeon hall
- Assure order and cleanliness of the Office.
- Ensure good management of assets and other items procured including stationery, fuel, vehicles etc
Security / Communication
- Report and anticipate security issues at the field of work and report to the Head of Office
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s four core values (Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Certificate in secretarial courses or Diploma in Business Administration from a recognized institute or any related field.
- Two years experience in office related duties
- Strong written and oral English language skills
- Computer skills, particularly with Word and Excel