Other Mbeya District Mbeya
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Agriculture/Microfinance
Function: IT Officer
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Mbeya Tanzania, with travels to Makambako, Njombe and Other Regions
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
Compensation: Standard PG for JG 1 with annual career reviews and constant feedback, National Social Fund, airtime and small transportation allowances, work computer, benevolent fund
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. In 4 years we have grown to serve more than 38,000 farmer families in Tanzania. We hope to serve >100,000 farmers in Tanzania by 2020.
- Provide hardware technical support-laptops .
- Provide software technical Support-Windows and applications.
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- OS maintenance on user computers-periodic checkup on all OAF computers.
- Basic IT projects-special projects needed.
- Follow and write IT support processes-create IT documentation and IT Policies for OAF Tanzania.
- Keep track of problems and repairs-log all tasks performed and provide for check-ins.
- Perform preventive maintenance on organization PCs.
- Basic Network Support and troubleshooting.
- Prioritize and manage open cases on time.
- Log cases in an ITO tracker/ticketing system.
Regional and District offices support – Willing to travel to Mbeya, Njombe, Morogoro, Mwanza and Iringa when necessary to provide ITO support.
- Tier 1 Roster support – After an initial training, respond to email@example.com emails in conjunction with Roster Specialists.
- Laptop Images
- OAF default software monthly updates
Liaison between IT team leader and OAF staff
Any other duties related to OAF daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Language: Fluent in English and Kiswahili, ability to speak local languages.
- Demonstrated basic IT and Computer skills, including typing email and other applications
- Clear communicator in-person and on the phone
- Proactive problem solver
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- Demonstrates high-quality work with a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to commit to living in rural Tanzania for a long-term position
- Independent worker with strong ability to manage own schedule and tasks
- Confident and confidential communicator who is comfortable talking with many people on a variety of topics
- Ability to work as part of a larger team
- At least working experiences in IT Position with NGOs or industries
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in Information Technology, or other relevant Computer Skills from a recognized University.
- IT/Computer skills
- Language: conversational in English and Swahili
- Leadership and team experience at work, or outside of work
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
This position will be working under remote management the majority of the time, so a successful candidate will be someone who excels in working independently, is self-motivated to complete tasks, communicates proactively with their supervisor, and who thrives in a structured work planning environment.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: IT Officer. Please include GPA scores on your resume.