Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit OHST Technical Manager to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and the purpose of this role is to co-ordinate, direct and organize systems and team effort and provide leadership to ensure company compliance with Occupational Safety, Environmental and Emergency Response Service Standards & Regulations according to Government Authorities and Company Policy;
Reporting to: Mining Manager
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Develop, implement and maintain systems to achieve targets for Safety Interactions across the Operation, in the departments of mining, maintenance, technical services and environment.
- Ensure timely close out of all identified non-conformances, along with compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain emergency preparedness plan and liaise with operations department to ensure emergency drill training is complete.
- Ensure compliance to leading indicators and execution of required leadership interaction with departments.
- Deliver compliance to H&S Equipment Maintenance Schedules along with monthly plan.
- Advise and take part in the development of standardized technical training packages, assessment tools and forms for internal training.
- Costing of planned training and keeping within budgets: assessing the return on investment of any training and development programs.
- Ensure statutory training requirements are met.
- Provide leadership that deliver industry best practice in technical training and development at Underground Mining to ensure key performance areas are met.
- Complete Competency Mapping & profiling for UG Mining roles.
- Induction training conducted for all new employees & visitors upon arrival on site.
- Leaders confirm Skills Training conducted as required by operation al needs and gaps identified by Trainer.
- Advance Diploma on Occupational Health & Safety
- Diploma on Occupational Health & Safety
- Certificate IV on Occupational Health & Safety
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Qualified Risk Management
- Qualified Auditor
- Qualified Investigator
- Qualified Mine rescue
- Industrial Hygiene & Vector control
- Formal Mines rescue Training
- 5 years’ experience in Mining/extraction industry or processing, manufacturing or building and construction industry
- 5 Years Supervisory / Leadership Experience
- 7 OHS senior/Supervisor level
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to the development, implementation and management of overarching systems of work governing Safety and Training.
- Exposure to management of Safety and Training teams in challenging underground working environments.
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites, developing countries and the development of Talent.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- ename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “OHST TECHNICAL MANAGER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28th August 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com