African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Operational Excellence Officer
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
- This role is responsible for site-wide process design, using data and metrics to drive continuous improvement and optimization efforts by reducing waste and inefficiencies, but must coordinate efforts across sites within the business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Designs and implement changes to processes that improve results and reduce cost and eliminate waste.
- Coordinates with a variety of business units to develop, test, and refine business processes/practices.
- Leverages data to drive continuous improvement in areas such as productivity, quality, customer care, and sales.
- Teaches lessons learned and key findings to departments with recommendations for changes and updates for training.
- Create a roadmap for tools and technology needed to ensure improvement in processes.
- Proactively address problem areas and improve efficiencies.
- Streamlines processed to allow for expansion.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the mining Industry preferred but not required.
- Skill in business improvement systems like Lean 6, Continuous Improvement, MECE, Value Stream Mapping
- Must have excellent English skills-both orally and in writing.
- Experience user of MS Office applications.
- An engineering or similar focused degree is preferred but credit will be provided for on the job experience.
- Familiar with the design of SOPs, work instructions, and Job Aides to improve workflow and compliance.
- Strong quantitative capabilities. Adept at drawing conclusions from a variety of data sources.
- Need to be able to work across multiple teams and disciplines and be a dedicated team player..
- Highly goal and result oriented.
- Ability to train others.
- Can work independently with a high degree of self- motivation
- Prioritizes tasks according to business objectives and can pursue several objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and analyse a situation and develop a professional solution to the organization.
- First Aid Knowledge.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 27th September 2021,18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 124 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.