OSS Administration Engineer
Dar es Salaam,
Job Family Services – NW Operations
Job Specialty Telecommunications
To assist in managing customer projects; practice project management tasks.
Main Responsibility Area
Assists in project management tasks. Plans and manages execution of part of the project or sub project. Ensures that all project milestones are met in own responsibility area by using global processes, tools and interfaces.
Typically 1-2 years relevant experience, fully competent. Uses functionally specific knowledge.
Performs day-to-day activates to meet departmental/project objectives. Requires immoderate supervision. Applies commonly recognized concepts within their field of expertise. Shares knowledge with less experienced peers or have high collegial interaction. Raises innovative ideas.
Individual Contributor¤ Variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility, Demonstrates initiative & contributes to problem solving. Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Makes decisions that affect own work. ¤ Managerial/Supervisory¤ May act as Team Leader or Project Leader with some direct supervisory responsibilities in addition to own work assignments. Variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility. Demonstrates initiative & contributes to problem solving. Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Makes decisions that affect own work.
Impact is short-term and departmental/project in scope. Accountable for quality, accuracy and efficiency. Actions and errors can have functional area impact.
Managed Services – Service Operations Specialist
Primary Location: Middle East & Africa-Tanzania, United Republic of-Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam
- OSS Administrator to provide management of OSS (Huawei, Ericsson) user accounts and the maintenance and upgrades of the OSS SW/HW and associated networks, e.g. DCN.
- End to end responsibility for the physical and logical security of the Network, OSS and Infrastructure in accordance with the Customer and NSN security policies.
Main Responsibility Areas
Operate and Maintain OSS
Backup procedures execute OSS upgrades with support from Vendor 3rd Level support and propose acceptance to OSS upgrades and updates OSS User Management
Execute and strictly follow Security policies OSS User Management from Customer
OSS Performance and capabilities monitoring, Configuration of OSS
- Identifies and sets up levels of access to OSS for users
- Creates and removes users for all OSS applicable
- Maintains OSS user profiles and access rights
- Supports organization on user access matters
- Ensures Resolution of OSS Platform and DCN problems
- Ensures availability & performance of OSS/DCN
- Ensures maintenance of OSS/DCN servers, workstations and firewalls
- Ensures availability of OSS SW backups
- Supports development of the OSS architecture
- Network Security Monitoring
- Supports security policy administration
- Huawei/Ericsson – OSS Administration
- Network Operations Understanding
- Managed Services Operations Model
- Team work
- Key Interfaces
- Fault Management
- Configuration Management
- Customer Security of information department
- Customer Network Operations team
- Customer System Administration
- Technical Support (tier 2 and 3)
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.