Job Description :
Reports To: Packaging Manager
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Purpose of Role
Support SBL to achieve its packaging set targets by implementing packaging activities including maintenance so as to deliver target packaged volumes to match sales forecast and ensure packaging quality is maintained at all times.
This role will have a team of technical operators reporting into it and will also work closely with the rest of the supply team in order to ensure smooth running of the packaging line
- Co-ordinate all packaging activities, products, materials, sundry items, components and services efficiently as well as manage packaging empties and fulls warehouses in such a manner as to avoid waste and pilferage.
- Deliver performance in Safety systems within packaging department and ensure safety of the environment in packaging department.
- Implement overhaul and maintenance programmes with the Packaging Engineers ensuring that quality and engineering standards are met
Qualifications and experience required
Bsc. or Diploma in Science/Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical & Processing) or any other relevant field
- Diploma in Brewing and/or AME Diploma from IGB highly preferable
- Atleast four (4) years experience with two (2) years management experience in a Brewing or Packaging Industry.
- Experience in food or drink manufacturing environment, management of people performance and development and Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety in the food or drink manufacturing industry