PAID TRAINEESHIP FOR YOUNG GRADUATE IN THE POLITICAL, PRESS AND INFORMATION SECTION AT THE EU DELEGATION TO TANZANIA
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Politics, Press and Information?
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations?
Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Politics, Press and Information?
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have some similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Tanzania, in partnership with Tanzania and the East African Community:
- Shares the values and interests of the European Union;
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Supports Tanzania’s development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all;
- Stimulates inclusive growth, private sector and job creation;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
What do we offer?
A traineeship of six months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Tanzania; provided that the budget is available.
The foreseen starting date is January 2019
- Be involved in updating the Delegation’s website and social media platforms;
- Drafting of press reviews, press releases and other documents addressed to the media;
- Political, trade and economic analysis on the local and regional situation, as well as contribution to research and briefings;
- Public diplomacy including information and communication and use of social media, organisation of and participation in various internal and external events (meetings, seminars, conferences, etc.);
- Participate with representatives of the EU Delegation in events organised locally;
- Participate in other day to day intitiatives by the Delegation and partners
How to apply?
Please send your detailed curriculum vitae and a motivational letter by 03/12/2018 to the following email address DELEGATION-TANZANIA-HR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu.
- Tanzanian Citizen, Nationals from EU Member States, or pre-accession States
- Young graduate with a bachelor degree or diploma (or equivalent)
- Maximum one year of professional experience
- No previous experience of more than six months in the EU Institutions.
Before applying, you are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria for traineeships (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN (2017)28 – Paid traineeship for young graduates)
The selected trainee would receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. However costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation and visa must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.