Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA)
Title of Position: Partnership Officer
Deadline for submission of application: 28 February 2018
Job Grade: D
Reports to: Institutional and Partnership Development Manager
ABOUT US: The Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA) is a Pan African organisation and member of the Global Alliance for Tax Justice.
TJNA aims to promote socially just, accountable and progressive taxation systems in Africa. We advocates for pro-poor taxation systems and the strengthening of tax regimes to promote domestic resource mobilisation.
TJNA aims to challenge harmful tax policies and practices that favour the wealthy and those that aggravate and perpetuate inequality.
ABOUT THE ROLE: The main objective of the position will be to provide technical leadership in the implementation of the TJNA Partnership Strategy. This will include leading on the development and coordination of joint projects with members and partners.
The position will also be responsible for mapping and driving TJNA membership and Strategic Partnership growth and be part of joint programming.
- Develop databases of partners for large projects
- Provide relevant updates on TJNA processes to external partners
- Lead in the process of institutionalising external strategic partnerships (including development of relevant memoranda of understanding)
- Lead the planning and implementation of large projects involving joint programming with members and partners.
- Prepare periodic reports for joint projects with partners to relevant stakeholders (e.g. donors).
- Participate in relevant organisational capacity building assessment and produce relevant reports to the Senior Management.
- Lead the identification process of partners to be encouraged to apply for membership with TJNA.
- Support the administrative process of membership application.
- Support the creation and strengthening of national tax platforms.
- Support the introduction of International Tax Justice Academy and Africa Media Training Programme alumni, with members of the Africa Parliamentary Network on Illicit Financial Flows and Tax and CSOs members of national tax platform for synergised actions on tax advocacy at national level.
- Support the development of departmental plans and budgets.
- Prepare relevant internal reports for the Partnership unit.
- Participate in relevant meetings.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
- Partnership Development and Coordination 30%
- Joint programming
- Membership Expansion
- Common accountabilities
- Degree in a relevant field (Economics, Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, Development Studies).
- Postgraduate qualification would be an added advantage.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a civil society or NGO setting.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience with donor funded project development and coordination
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and French is a must
- Knowledge of the development context in Africa and globally.
- Knowledge of the Civil Society environment in Africa and globally
- Good understanding of the development context in Africa and globally
- Good understanding of tax issues in the context of development would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of logical framework and results framework planning.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Advanced in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong IT knowledge and background with particular experience in Project Management programmes, database management and collaborative working tools preferred.
- Previous experience in creating and managing surveys, assessments and evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities, manage many activities simultaneously and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Proven ability to work with people and willingness to support others.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are requested to submit their detailed CVs alongside a letter of motivation including Salary expectation to the following email address by Wednesday 28th February, 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org