Payroll Officer Vacancy at Dangote Group Tanzania Limited
Mtwara, Mtwara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of
Payroll Officer at Dangote Group Tanzania Limited August, 2023
- Participate in/ provide support for the implementation of DCP Tanzania’s compensation strategy.
- Administer payroll and statutory (or other related) remittances for employees in DCP Tanzania.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior, Compensation & Benefits to define, formulate and implement competitive reward/compensation strategies, policies, and programs.
- Ensure effective implementation and administration of the Company’s compensation policies.
- Provide inputs/recommendations for the update of DCP Tanzania’s compensation policies and processes in order to reflect current realities.
- Ensure that administration of compensation for the organization is in compliance with prevailing tax laws and regulations.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of staff compensation details on the payroll system.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of staff salaries and benefits.
- Follow up with manpower providers to ensure prompt processing of contract staff salaries.
- Prepare and ensure timely processing and remittance of all payrolls related deductions e.g., PAYE, pension contributions, etc.
- Review/validate payroll-related invoices/schedules against relevant monthly payroll instructions.
- Prepare payroll impacting communication to all national employees (pay slips, salary reviews, etc.).
- Maintain and update the compensation database and provide ad hoc reports on compensation and benefits data, staff costs, etc.
- Provide ad-hoc reports on headcount reconciliation and compensation benefits data.
- Interpret performance appraisals scores and calculate the corresponding remuneration level.
- Assist with implementing relevant reward structures based on performance results.
- Conduct compensation surveys as required and compute corresponding remuneration.
- Provide support in terms of queries resolution on compensation related issues.
- Employees’ records keeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior or Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in HR or a Social Sciences related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g., Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in compensation and/ or payroll administration.
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of remuneration methodologies, tax policies.
- Good knowledge and understanding of employee reward and incentive schemes, packages etc.
- Good data/numerical and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially MS Excel
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development