As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of Personal Assistant to the Country Director at the GIZ Office Dar es Salaam.
The personal assistant is responsible for
- Managing the Country Director’s communications with local and international counterparts; GIZ German headquarters and with German external clients
- Acting as focal point in liaison with the German Embassy and the German institutions in Tanzania on one hand, and Tanzanian Official Institutions on the other
- Daily operational performance of all administrative tasks for the country director and in liaising with the entire office
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Organises and participates in internal and external meetings and workshops
- Interprets and translates as required
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in office management/administration or similar area at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position within GIZ or other German development organization (e.g. KfW)
- At least 3 years experiences of working for GIZ and solid knowledge of its systems, policies and structures
- In-depth understanding and insight knowledge of GIZ and German development cooperation
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Proficiency in the GIZ internal IT systems
- Language skills: excellent spoken and written English, German and Kiswahili
- Good intercultural understanding Applications:
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to [email protected]
Please use the subject line “Personal Assistant”.
Closing date for submission: 11.02.2021 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.