The University of Dodoma welcomes applications for Internship Programme for the position of Personal Secretaries and Systems Administrators for a period of Twelve (12) months with possible extension upon satisfactory performance as per Guidelines and Procedures on Voluntary and Temporary Employment of the University of Dodoma, 2020.
POST: PERSONAL SECRETARY III (30 POSITIONS)
EMPLOYER: THE UNIVERSITY OF DODOMA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Typing confidential and open matters.
• Taking care of all office facilities under custody;
• Answering correspondences involving routine matters;
• Checking office registers to ensure that they are well maintained;
• Receiving and directing visitors;
• Keeping minutes/records of meetings;
• Taking dictations by shorthand/hati mkato; • Receiving, sorting and file mails;
• Initiating and maintaining own file system;
• Preparing agendas and making arrangements for various meetings;
• Receiving files, distributing to officers and collect them back to the registry after their use;
• Tracing files, circulars and any other things requested by his/her superior for office use;
• Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Holder of Form IV Certificate with passes in English and Kiswahili plus Certificate in Secretarial Studies who have passed Shorthand (English) and Hati Mkato (Kiswahili) at a speed of 80 words per minute with computer knowledge in MS-Word, MS-Excel, Internet, Email, MS-Publisher from a recognized institution
GENERAL APPLICATIONS CONDITIONS
All applicants must be a citizen of Tanzania;
Applicants must be aged between 18- 35 years;
They must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact adresses;
They must attach relevant certified copies of their academic and professional certificates. i.e Diploma/Certicicate/, form IV/ VI etc; Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from the candidate’s previous College/Institute or department referee;
The application letter should categorically state the candidate’s home address, telephone; number, and how the applicant’s qualifications match the advertised internship position;
Application letters should be written in English or Swahili language;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
Deadline for submission is two weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement.
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2021