Kairuki Pharmaceuticals Industry Limited (KPIL) is a new Pharmaceutical company which was established and registered by the country’s Business Registration & Licensing Agency (BRELA) back in 2015. The company is located at Zegereni Industrial Area in Kibaha Municipality, Coast region (Pwani). The plant is due to begin its manufacturing operations early 2021, therefore applications are invited from qualified and experienced Tanzanians in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry for the following positions:
Location: Zegereni Industrial Area in Kibaha Municipality
Pharmaceutical Laboratory Technician
- Pharmaceutical laboratory technicians are assistants who work in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Work under the instructions of scientists for researching and developing
- Keeps a record of laboratory records, supervises experiments and tests compounds in accordance with procedures and
- Responsibility to maintain the safety and cleanliness of the pharmaceutical
- Performing lab tests so as to produce precise and reliable data for supporting scientific investigations.
- Executing routine tasks perfectly and following the strict methodologies for carrying out analyses.
- Preparing samples and
- Constructing and operating standard lab equipment like pH meters, centrifuges
- Ensuring that the pharmaceutical laboratory is resourced and well
- Recording and interpreting the results for presenting them to the
- Using computers for complex mathematical calculations and preparation of
- Keeping abreast of technical developments, especially the ones that can improve reliability and save
- Demonstrating the practical
- Conducting researches on the identified topics related to
Skills and Specifications
- Critical thinking i.e. using reasoning and logic for identifying strength and weaknesses of the
- Operations monitoring i.e. watching dials, gauges and other indicators for ensuring that a machine is working
- Reading comprehension involving written paragraphs and sentences in various work related
- Understanding the processes and objectives spread over multi-disciplinary functions related to drug
- Familiarity with laboratory guidelines of the
- Perform duties associated with day-today laboratory operations including sample receipt/disposal, waste disposal, facility checks, and other activities to apply 5s principles.
- Follow safety rules and requirements by wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, follow proper chemical handling and disposal procedures and maintain an orderly work
Education and Qualification
- Bachelors’ degree in science with major in life sciences or
Or Diploma in Laboratory Sciences
- Registration with the Laboratory Council of Tanzania is a
- At least 2-3 years of experience in similar capacity in large or major pharmaceutical company.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates have to send their application letters attaching detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic/professional qualification, testimonials and names, addresses, day time telephone numbers and email of three referees addressed to :
Please note that, all applicants should write the position applied as a subject on the application letter/on the email or on top of the envelope.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 30, 2020