Job Summary Position: Physical Fitness Coach (1 post)
Reports to: Project Leader
Apply by: December 5, 2019
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Physical Fitness Coach to work in the KaziAfya project that aims to assess effects of school- based physical activity and multi-micronutrient supplementation intervention on growth, health and wellbeing of schoolchildren. The candidate will be responsible for delivering a preplanned series of physical activities to school children in four schools in Ifakara town. This activity will be incorporated in the school syllabus under the Life Skills and/or exercise subjects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach, demonstrate, monitor and enhance the planned physical activities to the school children.
- These will include physical fitness exercises, rhythms and dance.
- Teach and monitor designated physical activity teachers in each school.
- Provide appropriate safety instructions to be followed during the physical activity period.
- Monitor students’ progress during the PA period and report any adverse effects that may arise.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Physical Activity (PA) or other fields related to the job requirements.
- Experience of coaching of at least 5 years.
Skills and Competencies
- Physical fitness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team working skills.
- Self-motivated and highly focused attitude to work.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, December 5 2019.
Mode of Application
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P.o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]