At Alliance One, our purpose is to transform people’s lives so that together we can grow a better world. We are the trusted provider of certified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients to businesses and customers. We have 150 years of experience as a leading independent leaf tobacco merchant; serving the worlds multinational cigarette manufacturers. Our sustainability program rooted in three pillars: Producers, People and Planet has been a source of pride for our employees and will continue to be at the core of our business. As we pursue the next 150 years, we are looking to diversify our services and products with people who have the courage to lead with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be sitting in the engine of growth as we shape our future together.
The Planning and Product Costing Manager reports to the Finance Director and provides Planning and Product Costing and Tobacco Inventory control support to optimize Profitability for the Company in line with Financial Policies and Procedures.
What you will do:
- Contributes annually to developing the 5 year Strategic Plan by analysing sector and industry trends, competitive threats, projecting customer tobacco demand for volume, cost performance, pricing trends and gross margins. Presents and analyses with Directors the foregoing to establish final strategies.
- Co-ordinates the preparation, reviews, compiles, consolidates and finalises Departmental annual budgets and CAPEX requirement for review and approval by the Board of Directors.
- Co-ordinates the Preparation of the Annual Sales and Operating Plan for review and approval by the Directors
- Reviews Management Accounts prepared by the Management Accountant and from Upcountry operations on a monthly basis and ensures reports are circulated timeously to the departmental managers
- Manages the tobacco Standard Costing model and physical accountability of tobacco from point of purchase through to sales delivery using various operating systems including IFAS,TOPS, SAP and Qlikview.
- Collateral Management – Coordinates activities with the Packed Storage manager, Green Leaf Manager and the Leaf Sales team to ensure that Stock release requests are submitted and approved on time.
- Ensures Stock balances are reconciled between the Collateral Manager, Dry Storage and Green Storage and investigates and resolves any noted variances in a timely manner.
- On weekly basis reviews the Working Capital Plan and ensures Loan to Value Ratio does not fall beyond the bank’s requirement, and provides updates to the Finance Manager/Treasury Accountant.
- Prepares budget refocasts and runs inventory valuation in line with new cost parameters
- On a quarterly basis, prepares cost reconciliations and proposes the required adjustments including deferred crop costs, Manufacturing costs, future crop costs and cost releases
- On a Quarterly basis, prepares updates relating to factory conversion costs based on changes in budget assumptions, and provides high level commentary for any variations arising between the original plan and the latest forecast
- Assists the Finance Director to prepare costing/pricing models for all new projects
Please send your application with names of three referees to the below address, no later than 22nd October 2020.
Who you are and what you’ve done:
A degree in Economics/ Accounting with CPA/ACCA, with Six Years’ experience in Planning and Product costing, Financial Accounting or Tobacco Industry with knowledge of Financial and operation systems.
A Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration or Economics will be added advantage
The Human Resources Director
Alliance One Tobacco Tanzania Limited
P.O. Box 1595
The deadline for submitting the application is October 22, 2020