PMTCT Assistants (5)
Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project has been implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October, 2020 the project will extend to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services from October 2020 in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for the project:
Position Title: PMTCT Assistants(5)
Location: Tanga Office (1), Handeni Office (1), Korogwe Office (1), Mswa Office (1) Meatu Office (1)
Reports to: PMTCT/EID Officer
The PMTCT Assistant will support deliverance of comprehensive and quality HIV care and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals for the epidemic control and specifically oversee all PMTCT/EID related services. S/He will supervise the district Pediatrics and Adolescents
officers in collaboration with the CHMT to ensure the portfolio is comprehensively implemented according to the project strategic goals and expectations.
- Support the implementation of all PMTCT/EID activities in AMREF supported
- Ensure all pregnant women within the catchment area are identified, attend RCH, tested for HIV and know their status as well as their sexual partners and those who are Positive for HIV are effectively linked into C &
- In collaboration with CHMT, leads implementation of PMTCT and EID focused interventions that target at increasing HIV diagnosis among pregnant and nursing mothers and HIV exposed infants.
- Coordinate and Implement strategies to address PMTCT/EID related linkage, treatment, retention, and viral suppression programs under the technical guidance from PMTCT advisor.
- Coordinate all PMTCT/EID related mentorship, training and capacity building in the recipient’s facilities under the technical guidance from PMTCT
- Lead PMTCT/EID program reporting on periodic program events (monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc) on all clinical related matters and provide relevant contribution
- Participate in the relevant PMTCT/EID meetings at district and regional level, reporting, presentation and representation and abstract development/evidence-based documentation and sharing routinely and as
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by line manager or other Amref senior management team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Nursing degree/ diploma, Clinical Officer on health-related field or similar qualifications on Public Health.
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing
- At least 3 years of “hands on experience” in PMTCT/EID HIV prevention, care and treatment program in resource limited environment
- Experience working in public health especially working with NGO
- Experience working with Local government and ministry of health
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com
Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non- smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be