Policy and Planning Advisor at Options Consultancy Services, May 2019
Deadline Date: Friday, 10 May 2019
Organization: Options Consultancy Services
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
We’re seeking an experienced individual, who will be successfully leading on policy and planning to our team in Tanzania of the UK-Aid funded Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH2ACTION) programme. He/She will implement relevant policies to ensure access to high quality of SHRR/FP to the team and consultants based in Tanzania, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
The Policy and Planning Advisor will be responsible for implementing policies that ensure access to high quality SRH/FP for all and securing government commitments through evidence based planning and resource flow for human resources, commodities and service provision. The Advisor will work closely with the National Ownership Lead and Evidence and Accountability Advisor in Tanzania as well as the Regional Policy and Planning Specialist in Nairobi, Options’ staff in London, and consortium partners in Tanzania to ensure policy and planning approaches strategically strengthen government stewardship over SRH/FP in Tanzania.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least an Undergraduate degree in public health, health management or related field.
- At least ten years’ work experience, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance including remote support.
- Strong experience on the development and roll-out of health policies;
- Strong experience in facilitating evidence based planning and budgeting processes to track progress on health indicators and commitments;
- Solid understanding of the health sector, including the relationship between national and sub-national levels and engagement with civil society, parliamentarians and regional health groups.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Tanzania.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Tanzania-P&P – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 10th May: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).