Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank Plc, Portfolio Manager- Portfolio Manager at CRDB Bank Plc, Bank Jobs in Tanzania
CRDB Bank PLC is looking for suitable person to fill a vacant position of Portfolio
Manager; IT & Digital Transformation Projects in the Department of Project
Management Office at the Head Office, in Dar es Salaam.
Reporting to Head; Project Management Office, the role is responsible to ensure successful
delivery of IT and Digital Transformation projects in line with the approved baseline and
- Translate the digital transformation strategy into relevant projects and programs
- Establish and effectively motivate for the requisite resources necessary for successful implementation of portfolio projects and programs
- Contribute to formulation and review of the digital transformation strategy
- Review and improve projects/programs business cases to ensure they are aligned to the digital transformation strategy
- Coach and mentor project and program managers under the portfolio
- Define, leverage and manage synergies and dependencies between the various IT and Digital Transformation Projects/Programs
- Ensure compliance to the organizational project management framework in execution of portfolio projects and programs
- Maintain the knowledge base for the portfolio
- Develop and maintain templates, checklists and other project artefacts that support effective implementation of portfolio projects/programs
- Direct and motivate the portfolio team
- Effectively communicate portfolio expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner
- Liaise with portfolio stakeholders on an on-going basis
- Set and continually manage expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Manage portfolio risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment, ownership and timely escalation to the appropriate level of management where necessary
- Communicate progress to relevant stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Monitor progress against plan and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations
- Manage changes to the portfolio baseline in line with the stipulated change control process and best practice
- Effectively manage performance of third party vendors and contractors
- Oversee successful transition of portfolio projects/programs into operations
- Leverage the benefits management framework to facilitate realization of envisaged benefits from the portfolio projects and programs
- Drive adoption of portfolio deliverables through effective change management.
- Good Communication skills
- Project/Program/Portfolio Management
- Digital Transformation Strategy Execution
- Stakeholder Management
- Communications Management
- Change Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or in Business Administration or any other related field. MBA would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project/program/portfolio management
- At least 5 years working experience in the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge of Agile Project Management methodologies.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will
receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter
accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date
CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach
him not later than 24th September 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
DAR ES SALAAAM