The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian are invited to apply.
THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
Post Title : Principal Procurement Officer II – (1 Post)
Duty Station : EWURA Head Office
Reporting to : Manager Procurement Management
Principal Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring efficiency and timely performance of procurement functions in the authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan and coordinate preparation and implementation of Annual Procurement and disposal plans.
- To coordinate preparation and review of periodic reports for Tenders.
- To ensure conformity with the Public Procurement Act, its regulations and guidelines.
- To coordinate, review and evaluate procurement requirements and recommend appropriate alternative procedures.
- To plan, prepare and review tender bidding documents.
- To undertake review, quality-check and clear tender evaluation reports.
- To validate authenticity of payment certificates and invoices.
- To coordinate development and review of policies relevant to procurement function.
- To coordinate and prepare periodic unit performance reports.
- To supervise and guide subordinates.
- To undertake any other related duties as may be assigned by the superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Possession of Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Procurementand Supplies Management, Material Management, Business Administration majoring in Procurement and Logistics Management, Logistics Management or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Possession of Working experience of at least thirteen (13) years in related field.
- Must also be a holder of Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP) or its equivalent and is registered by PSPTB in the Category of Authorized Procurement and Supplies Professional.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 17th September 2021.
All applicants who applied earlier for the posts of Central Zone Manager and Natural Gas Transmission Manager; and still qualify for the posts are encouraged to reapply.
Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
Email: [email protected]
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through email: [email protected] or postal address mentioned above shall not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 September 2021.