Point is the industry leader in the procurement, management and delivery of end-to-end marketing solutions across Africa and the Middle East.
As a strategic marketing services partner, Point uses strategic partnerships and extensive regional and local expertise to deliver value to clients. Key deliverables include best-in-class innovation, significant savings and process efficiencies.
Point generates significant savings in excess of 25% for their clients through their rigorous approach to analysing savings accruing to their clients in their marketing collateral spend.
With an impressive $100m procurement buying power, Point delivers value in the management, measurement and delivery of point of sale merchandise, print, promotional merchandise and thereafter the logistics, execution and maintenance of marketing collateral for multinational corporates.
You’ll find Point’s offices and onsite teams on client premises in South Africa, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Morocco, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Pakistan.
Reporting To: Client Manager, and also expected to adhere to instruction from the Company’s Management. To perform the duties and tasks of a buyer by responding to and following up on queries relating to print within the client and ensuring on time quote and job delivery. To monitor and oversee the use of systems and procedures, ensuring a trouble-free workflow, with specific attention to promoting Point’s procurement systems within the clients’ staff and suppliers. Based at client site.
- To ensure all processes of Point’s procurement system are adhered to since we are a system Info Company – Please see the detailed process below
- Through communication with Client and suppliers, offer a service to provide a smooth workflow and ensure deadlines are met
- To take a brief from client, spec flat print and POS elements and offer solutions to cost save and innovate
- Ensure that estimates go out to tender to suppliers whose core competency is to produce what has been spec’ed, quotes sent to Client, orders are placed on time, finalising of job on Point’s procurement system
- To maintain the suppliers list ensuring all information is updated
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials, specifically the proof printer
- To develop the skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of print buyer on an ongoing basis
- Perform other routine tasks as assigned and as requested by management
Point’s procurement process:
- Opening of projects & inviting team members (Agency and Client)
- Inputting specs and sending RFQ (Request for Quote) to Point in the Client account
- Inputting specs and sending out RFE (Request for Estimate) in the Point account
- Receiving Estimates from supplier and ensure that all is correct
- Once all estimates received, choose the best quote and send to Client for approval
- Upon receipt Client Purchase Order, order to be placed with supplier from Point account
- Requesting of preproduction samples, presenting to client and on sign off, liaising with supplier to action. On POS, liaising with Point in-house Industrial Designers to make sure all is in line before auctioning production
- Receive artwork from agency, play out Fogra proof, send to client for approval (proofs MUST be signed by Client)
- On approval, send proof and load artwork on Point’s procurement system and share with supplier
- Proactively check with supplier to ensure delivery deadlines or distribution is met. Distribution lists to be checked and shared with suppliers on the procurement system
- Communicate any change orders first before accepting, if accepted change order to be done in Client account and send to brand manager for acceptance
- On delivery and completion of job, orders need to be closed on receipt of PODs on the procurement system
- Once Point buyers receive notification of order closure, they need to accept or decline dependant on if they are in agreement or not
- Invoices to be accepted and supplier ratings to be done
- Post production samples to be checked for quality and that correct specs were followed, before order closure
Education and Experience
- Extensive professional experience in the Print Procurement Industry (POSM, flat-print, 3D, electronic, digital, etc.)
- Previous experience within Marketing for an FMCG company, Advertising Agency and or Advertising Production Facility Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Key Competencies
- Organisation and planning including effective time management
- Building Client and supplier relationships
- Team player
- Knowledge sharing
- Good telephonic and written communication
Please send your CV to: [email protected]