The Ideal person will work with the Corporate Volunteers in establishing, maintaining and strengthening relation with private sector so that Lake Zone Youth trainees can access apprenticeship, internship training and possible jobs, you will also train and advise Youth/Youth groups on various topics on Entrepreneurship.
Skills, Knowledge And Experience
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Minimum 3 years in business management and Entrepreneurship experience in a large corporation.
- Background on training, education or facilitation skills will be the most advantageous factor for this position.
- Background in working with or in private sector engagement/link.
- Communication – communicates at various levels depending on the audience and content of message, communicates the rights message. Excellent in communication consistency between partners in the project.
- Ability to inspire young people is highly recommended. Good inspirational speaking skills will be added advantage.
- Analysis and creative problem-solving – proactive to deliver solutions to challenges, ability to identify the interest of the LZYE project and VETA. Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need.
- Able to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Flexibility – ability to be proactive in changing environment of working, business management, entrepreneurship is desirable, experienced on people management and ability to work in a multinationals with
- Experience in developing Operational Processes that decrease costs, increase efficiency and quality to meet customer needs.
- Managed and directed teams to efficiently develop cost effective innovative solutions that drive results.
- Ability to drive results on a shoestring budget.
- Able to formulate and implement SME adherence to national product regulations, policies and procedures.
- A bachelor degree in economics, Business Management, Human Resources Management, Social Science or related subject.
- Experience in training the Trainer (TOT).
- Experience in business management
- Experience in new business development and/or start-up.
- Ability to inspire young people.
- Inspirational speaking skills.
- Previous experience in building mutually beneficial alliances and networks at senior level.
- Previous experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Previous experience in starting or managing a business.
- Previous experience in facilitating group sessions.
Competencies and Behaviour
Whether You Want To Join Us As An Employee, Or As a Volunteer Working In Your Own Country, Overseas Or Online, Our Selection Process Includes An Assessment Based On These Core Competencies
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together.
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Some background about VSO
Much has changed since VSO started 60 years ago. We’ve gone from being a UK charity to a truly global development organisation. In 2016/2017 alone, we worked with over 7,000 volunteers from all over the world and from all backgrounds to deliver services that had an impact on the lives of almost 2.6 million people in the 24 countries where we work. Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change. That’s why we work with over 500 partner organisations, from local and national governments, to businesses, NGOs, funders, charities and community groups. Currently, over 30% of our people are recruited from within the country in which they work, and we continue to grow the share of community and national volunteers involved in our programmes. We also send increasing numbers of volunteers from one developing country to another. However, our vision has remained the same; to build a world without poverty.
VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Application Closing Date: 5 Feb 2020