Procurement and Logistics Assistant Job Vacancy at Chemonics International Tanzania
Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Procurement and Logistics Assistant | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania | 2023
Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a Procurement and Logistics Assistant for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania.
- Coordinating travel logistics for staff members based in Dar es Salaam and the project’s regional offices, including arranging air travel, booking hotel accommodations, organizing travel by road, overseeing maintenance of project vehicles, and supervising the Dar es Salaam office drivers.
- Maintaining electronic and hard-copy procurement files, communicating with vendors, tracking procurements reporting requirements.
- Coordinating procurement needs, including identifying suitable vendors, collecting price quotes, and assisting to document office supply inventories.
- Maintains relationships with appropriate vendors.
- Assisting in maintaining the integrity of project procurement processes and ensuring all security practices of the project are being followed.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination required; bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience working in either a procurement and/or logistics role, or one year in a similar role on a USAID-funded project.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and procurement procedures strongly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
To apply, please submit your CV and application through this link. Applications must be submitted by
Friday, September 15th, 2023, however, please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates
will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.