Procurement and Logistics Officer
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer (1 Post)
Duty station : National Office
Reporting to : Head of Human Resource
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible in playing a key role in strengthening procurement processes by building capacities of all procurement committees and strengthen procurement systems and procedures for compliance purposes. Ensure timely purchases, high quality and cost-efficient goods / services for the organization; and maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory. The position holder will also be responsible for logistics and administrative duties for National Office.
- Support the procurement committee and implement the decision of the committee.
- Support all program locations to have procurement plans.
- Empower procurement committees through strengthening procurement processes, procedures and systems considering the procurement regulations of the organization
- Support the organization to have prequalified suppliers and service contracts / framework agreements.
- Support to check and prepare statements and tender documents.
- Developing an organization’s purchasing strategy
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Collaborate with Head of Finance and Head of Human Resource on enforcement of organizations’ procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintain a list or register of all contracts awarded.
- Ensure that the products / service received are high quality (attain value for money).
- Support Management is drafting of Request for Quotations (RfQs) upon receipt of specifications from staff requesting for good / services.
- Collaborate with Finance Office to prepare Local Purchase Orders (LPOs), send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Provide technical support to the procurement committee when necessary.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, and recommend ordering more materials when necessary.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, reports and price list.
- Track status of requisitions, contracts (expiry and renewal dates)and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders and charges and forward invoices to appropriate accounts for payments.
- Monitor contract performance, recommending contract modifications where necessary.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Carry out other duties that may from time to time be assigned to you by the Head of Human Resource.
- Ensure the Procurement Policy of the organization is in alignment with the procurement regulations of United Republic of Tanzania and the procurement regulations of SOS Children’s Villages International.
- Keep sound and adequate logistics records in connection with the bar codes.
- Ensure timely repairs and maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain accurate data / records and negotiate to fetch the best charges for the organization.
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans.
- Design and develop standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently.
- Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to the general benefit of all program units.
- Coordinate and prepare monthly fuel consumption report for all vehicles.
- Support in preparation for and organization of workshops and meetings at National Office.
- Manage office cleanliness including of the reception area, ensure it portrays a professional image of SOS Children’s Village.
- Responsible for managing the execution, direction and coordination of all transportation matters within National Office.
- Act as the contact person to help visitor enquiries and arrangements where necessary
- Process business cards and ID for staff as requested by HRs / managers.
- Ensure adequate stores management that includes having in place an up-to-date stores ledger, use of bin cards, use of Goods Received Notes (GRNs) and Goods Issued Notes (GINs).
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Office supplies, Material Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- 3 to A years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and logistics.
- Knowledge on Logistics and Transport Management
- Be able to use effectively computerized integrated Financial Management and Human Resource System
- Knowledge of organizational procurement procedures is highly desirable
- Supply Chain Management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Decision-making and negotiating Skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.or.tz. Closing date is 22nd April, 2022. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.