POST: PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES OFFICER II – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S) PROCUREMENT & LOGISTIC MANAGEMENT
TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
EMPLOYER Rural Energy Agency (REA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-01-28 2021-02-10
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluating vendor performance and advices accordingly;
- Maintaining an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure timely and accurate access to information;
- Preparing bid documents and tender advertisements;
- Advising on disposal of obsolete or condemned items/goods;
- Following up overdue or back orders, making special arrangements and terms of delivery and communicating to divisions expected delivery dates;
- Processing procurement tenders as per approved Agency policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and updating a register of approved suppliers;
- Maintaining records for each local purchase order;
- Maintaining register of all contracts and monitors supply of ordered goods;
- Following up supply contracts and ensuring contracts are honored;
- Identifying contract defaulters and reporting to Superior for further action.
- Producing monthly reports on status of ordered goods;
- Participating in planning and forecasting supplies requirements;
- Performing any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management, Material Management, Logistics Management or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions and must be registered by Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technician Board (PSPTB) as Graduate Procurement and Supplies.
REMUNERATION As per institution’s salary scale
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 February, 2021