Procurement and Supplies Officer
Uhuru Hospitals Group Is a private Group of Hospitals established back In 2014 October In Mwanza Region. Since its establishment It has continued to observe a tremendous growth it being contributed upon by the quality of services which creates an Increasing demand. As of current the Uhuru Hospitals Group Is aiming at systems strengthening and further business development which goes hand In hand with firming up of Its top Management structure. In view of this, Uhuru Hospitals Group Is hereby seeking for applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill the following position;
Position: Procurement and Supplies Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Status/ Level: Middle Cadre
Education: BA in Procurement and Supplies Management (Certified by PSPTB), or similar background from the recognized institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaises with key Institution employees to determine their product and service needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for institution goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the Institution
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development and research for potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet the Institution goals
- Assesses total costs of institution purchases timely
- Develops and Implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers and Internal customers
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other Important documents and data
- Review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Ensure that stores and warehouse Is well managed and records are well kept
- Ensure 100% availability of commodities and supplies stock
- Lead the stock control and stock taking activities
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Finance Manager
Required Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years and above progressive working experience In which the candidate has served In a similar position performing similar functions.
- The ability to make professional decisions In a fast-paced environment
- The ability to produce accurate procurement reports and prioritise work
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive Information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints but excellent In paying attention to detail
- Basic computer skills (Ms Word/ Excel/Spreadsheet/ Internet Navigation/ PPT etc)
- A good team player who Is organised and uses methodical approach to a task
- Experience In drug stores management (medical stores) will be an added value
- Experience/ background In Medical field and clean criminal record will be a plus
Time Management, Attention to details, Teamwork, Communication, Negotiation, Report Writing, Knowledge and adherence to PSPTB directives/ requirements, Computer.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of their latest CV and copies of their certificates In one document. The CV must Include the list of work- related traceable referees Including their email address and telephone number. To be considered your application MUST be received before 1700 hrs January 29th 2021. The subject line of your email should mention the Job position you are applying for as It appears In this advertisement. Failure to do that may lead to difficult retrieval of your application.
All correspondents and applications should be emailed to; [email protected]
Uhuru Hospitals Group is an equal opportunity employer
Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
Uhuru Hospitals Group regrets that Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply