Position: Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) / Expert for Health Products
Job Description & Summary
Bring your experiences. Grow your skills. Make your mark. Our community of solvers is ready to apply your expertise in new and unexpected ways. You’ll be empowered by a career that’s flexible, human-led, tech-powered and purpose-driven. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. PwC is a network of firms in 156 countries with over 295,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. PwC Tanzania invites applications from qualified candidates for Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) / Expert for Health Products.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Procurement and Supply Management Professional, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in managing or advising on the procurement, supply and use of health products, particularly in developing countries with:
- Experience/expertise in assessing policies, systems and structures in the public and/or private health sector relevant for managing effective and efficient access to pharmaceuticals and other health products, particularly for AIDS, TB and malaria
- Experience/expertise in the procurement of health products including regulations and tendering process
- Experience/expertise in supply chain/logistics management systems
- Experience in quantification and forecasting of health product needs in public health programs
- A good understanding of AIDS, TB, malaria market dynamics and existing global supply challenges as well as international health products procurement and supply management practices, applicable national and international laws and recognised standards
- Proven project and program management expertise gained in implementing change and leading Supply Chain techniques in similar situations
- Proven success working in complex multi-stakeholder environments, requiring decision making abilities with limited information available and under tight deadlines
- Good writing and analytical skills
- A Graduate Degree (MSc. equivalent) in Public Health, Pharmacy, Medicine or other related discipline
- Professional training in procurement and supply management (PSM) of health products, logistics and/or public health
- Several years of experience of both the public and private sectors
- Knowledge and experience of the Pharmaceutical Sector and understanding of pharmaceutical Supply Chains in developing countries
- Knowledge and experience of public health with relationships with some Global Fund high impact countries
- Membership of a recognized professional organization
- Must have good written and spoken English and Swahili languages
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications(if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel Requirements: Not Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?: No
Government Clearance Required?: No
Job Posting End Date: May 15, 2022
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 May 2022.