Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS),
THPS is looking to fill the following position to provide support to the procurement department.
Title: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Location: THPS Headquarters at Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Procurement & Logistics Manager.
Overall Job Summary:
The Procurement and Logistics Assistant will help the Procurement & Logistics Manager to ensure effective procurement systems are adhered to through following the purchasing processes and ensure timely delivery of items to intended recipients. She/he will assist the Procurement & Logistics Manager in the implementation of quality procurement services and work in close collaboration with all the Regional teams to provide procurement & logistics support.
Roles and Responsibility
- Compile documents for payment (Attach the received invoices on the Purchase order) and send the same to Accounts department
- Achieving of procurement documents such as purchase orders, proformas and analysis documents for various sourced out Supplies, Services, works and Consultancy.
- Receive all invoices and manage the workflow with regard to when they arrived at Procurement Department and when were they sent to Accounts for payment
- Fill in and keep updating the Excel Spreadsheet for various procurement for future Procurement updates to Programs.
- Update the materials specifications and price for various procured materials for future references.
- Prepare Vendor analysis for the obtained bids and Purchase orders
- Work on all Open Purchase orders to ensure vendors are paid
- Undertake orders expedition and ensure materials are delivered to the required final destination.
- Receive various Procured items in case the stores Person is absent
- Undertake all other activities as shall be provided by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management. PSPTB registered under graduate category will be an added advantage.
- At least three years working experience in Procurement and Logistics management.
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and with highest degree of integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, and excel application.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 4th December 2020 with a subject line of’ Position ‘Procurement and Logistic Assistant, Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer;
Women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.