Procurement Manager Jobs at Unilever, February 2019
Position: Procurement Manager
Location: Mufindi, Tanzania
Job Main Purpose
Procurement Manager is responsible for professional sourcing of products/services meeting the specified needs of the Business at most competitive commercial terms and supports Unilever Sustainable Living Plan in the procurement of materials and services.
- Procurement of the materials/services Portfolios: Decides what to buy, where to buy, how to buy, when to buy
- Develop and implement strategies for the procurement of the respective portfolios.
- Follow market conditions, prepare price trends and formulate future markets trends for the business.
- Support the business with accurate price forecasting. Prepares information on purchase prices and conditions to enable proper budgeting and cash forecasting.
- Identify metrics, tools and process to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Procurement operations teams to support the launch of innovations and new product development
- Work closely with categories and suppliers to drive key initiatives such as Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Initiate and drive complexity reduction projects (e.g. harmonisation of specifications and suppliers)
- Delivery of the VIP programmes for the specific materials.
- Deliver the Operation Cash Flow and Working Capital plans for the specific materials/services and suppliers.
- Manage supply chain issues (e.g. crisis management).
- Measure and manage overall performance of suppliers.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Business or any other related subject
- Over 5 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Management
- Willing to be based in Mufindi
- Experience on large-scale change management projects
- Experience in international assignments is a plus
- E xperience in Supply Chain operations
- Proven track record of analytical thinking
Tanzania, United Republic of-Iringa-Mufindi-Mufindi – Plantations