Position: Procurement Manager
Location: Mufindi, Tanzania
Location : Tanzania, United Republic of-Iringa-Mufindi-Mufindi – Plantations
Job Field : Supply Chain
Posting Date : Feb-12-2019
End Date : Mar-01-2019
Job Type : Regular
Shift : Day Job
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Main Purpose
Procurement Manager is responsible for professional sourcing of products/services meeting the specified needs of the Business at most competitive commercial terms and supports Unilever Sustainable Living Plan in the procurement of materials and services.
• Procurement of the materials/services Portfolios: Decides what to buy, where to buy, how to buy, when to buy
• Develop and implement strategies for the procurement of the respective portfolios.
• Follow market conditions, prepare price trends and formulate future markets trends for the business.
• Support the business with accurate price forecasting. Prepares information on purchase prices and conditions to enable proper budgeting and cash forecasting.
• Identify metrics, tools and process to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies.
• Work closely with the Procurement operations teams to support the launch of innovations and new product development
• Work closely with categories and suppliers to drive key initiatives such as Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
• Initiate and drive complexity reduction projects (e.g. harmonisation of specifications and suppliers)
• Delivery of the VIP programmes for the specific materials.
• Deliver the Operation Cash Flow and Working Capital plans for the specific materials/services and suppliers.
• Manage supply chain issues (e.g. crisis management).
• Measure and manage overall performance of suppliers.
• Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Business or any other related subject
• Over 5 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Management
• Willing to be based in Mufindi
• Experience on large-scale change management projects
• Experience in international assignments is a plus
• Experience in Supply Chain operations
• Proven track record of analytical thinking
TO APPLY CLICK HERE