Job Tittle: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Head of Human Resources & Administration
- Provide advice and guidance as procurement officer responsible for all aspects of procurement functions including providing procurement expert advice, advising management and clients on wide ranging and complex technical and other issues relating to institutional procurement.
- The Procurement Officer reviews the type of works, goods and services required and recommend appropriate procurement strategy and method and sources to be solicited. Provide advice and guidance to requisitioning departments concerning development of specifications for acquisition of goods or related services including preparation of price estimates on procurement requests for non-standard items; advise vendors with regard to the technical requirements and procurement conditions and procedures and techniques of price/cost analysis on the various elements of procurement proposals.
- Plan and monitor quality of work output, reviewing all procurements prior to execution for appropriateness, completeness and accuracy
- Prepare procurement reports on monthly , statistics and forecasts and review progress reports, status reports, and timesheets as required
- Monitoring expenditures, ensuring funding availability before executing a solicitation when procurement outcome contract extends over a year
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Prepare and present procurement cases to the Purchasing Committee for approvals.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain, business management, economics or a similar field preferred. Familiarity with the Bank’s procurement rules and procedures and best procurement practices. Knowledge of procurement strategies and methods and effective and efficient application of the knowledge. The person should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, demonstrate business acumen and excellent communication. S/he should be analytical and have presentation skills and ability to work well under pressure with strict deadlines and limited supervision.
This position carries a Competitive salary and packages commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Mode of Application:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications through email email@example.com enclosing application letter, curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees. Applications should be sent latest by Monday 14th January 2020 at or before 17.00 hours.
Maendeleo Bank Plc is equal opportunity employer’.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 January, 2021