TANZANIA WOMEN LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (TAWLA)
Tanzania Women Lawyers Association (TAWLA) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was formed primarily as a guild to promote and advance legal and constitutional rights of women. The aims and objectives of the organization are: to advocate for gender equality, promotion of human dignity and gender justice through policy, legal and institutional reforms, community action and media engagement. From that context, TAWLA envisage a society that respects and upholds the rights of women and her mission is to promote and protect the rights of women and good governance through legal empowerment.
TAWLA seeks to recruit experienced staff members to fill in four vacant positions for the anticipated USAID-Tanzania funded project titled “Mwanamke Imara”. The purpose of this project is to effectively engage and empower women and young people to be resilient to violence and discrimination by strengthening women and youth economic groups and their members with skills, knowledge, and resources relevant to support their economic activities including agriculture, strengthening women and young people voices and participation in governance and decision making structures within their community. Further the project seeks to increase access to social, political, cultural and economic justice for women and young people and victims of gender based violence. These positions are subject to availability of funds.
a) Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity related to procurement of diverse services and commodities considering local economic and other conditions.
b) Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
c) Ensures conformity with Public Procurement Act, its Regulations and guidelines.
d) Provides timely advice on all matters pertaining to procurement and supplies where applicable
e) Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyses statistical data and market reports on the commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services.
f) Identifies new technologies and products/services, evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
g) Oversees adherence to contractual agreements, recommends amendments and extensions of contracts, and advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
h) Prepares a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
i) Oversees planning, control, management and disposal of inventories and assets
j) Conduct physical inventory of supplies, materials and equipment
k) Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics /Supplies or Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Logistic/Supplies from the recognized institution with Certified Procurement and Supplies.
- Professional (CSP/CPSP) or other similar qualifications and registered by PSPTB as authorized Procurement and Supplies Professionals with four (4) years working experience in the same field from a reputable organization.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Proven success as a procurement leader within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics.
- Good collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques and contracting
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a higher aim of professionalism.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
MODE OF APPLICATION
To apply, please send your application (CV and Cover letter) to email@example.com (Deadline 22nd October 2020 1700HRS)
- TAWLA is an equal opportunity employer
- Applicant must have never been convicted of a violation of children’s rights
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 22, 2020